Thursday, August 6, 2009

Boogers and Boobs (are those your boobths?)

Ben is sick...fever, faucet-of-snot nose, cranky...sick. He started with a fever on Monday, which I desperately hoped was just teething so I could send him to daycare without too much guilt. But by Tuesday evening the congestion started and yesterday we took him to the doctor. She actually ran a test for H1N1 flu, which fortunately came up negative.

Poor kiddo - he wants to be in a good mood. He'll start to play and clap, and then dissolve into fussing (still clapping). His nose runs constantly - and he HAAATTTEEESSS when we wipe it. As soon as he sees the tissue coming, he turns away and very deliberately rubs his nose on my shoulder (or between my boobs, a la Wedding Crashers, only slimier). I've learned to let some of the snot dry on his nose - it acts as a dam for the next flood-o-boogs.

So that is what is going on around here... Yeah, I'd stay away if I could.

1 comment:

King of New York Hacks said...

Soooo...let the snot dry...hmmmmm...I will pass this information to all afraid of the swine flu !LMAO